CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yay!

I'm posting 2 blogs in 2 days! I've been so busy lately, so posting so often just seems odd sometimes. But I'm glad I can do it.

Today I decided to work on my one project a lot, until he's done, which should be tomorrow. But today I did some more fun creative stuff!
I've been scouring Etsy lately for fun jewelry. Some that I've become huge fans of are anything that relates to acorns (or fall in general) and any kind of fun stud earrings. I've bought a few pairs, but really wanted something else fun. Then, while at my Michael's today, I realized something. "I can buy plain posts and make my own!"
So, I set out at Michael's with a goal: find anything small to glue onto earring posts. So, this is what I came up with so far! And seriously, so awesome and cheap! I've only made these so far. So, instead of paying about $10 for a single pair, I paid a total of about $5 for the opportunity to make about 30 pairs of earrings!

I bought these super teeeeeny buttons and just used some amazing Aleene's instant glue to glue them on.


And this picture is just to show you how tiny those little buttons really are! I'm excited to make more too. They were really fun and super easy, which is even better!

And this, was a request for my friend Jackie. Jackie sends me a lot of amazing yarn, so I've made her a small thank you gift. She requested a pumpkin family. So, using this pattern again, I've made Mr. & Mrs. Pumpkin so far. They're going to have kids, I just haven't made them yet. And beware, I will be making more patterns from her blog, because, well, they're pretty awesome. And she more that are just way too cute not to make!
So, here they are. :)


And, since I haven't received anything from the giveaway, I will be doing another one probably in a few weeks after some things cool down here. I would love to do one to get more followers to my blog! So stay tuned for that. :)

2 comments:

Jamie

OMG Mr and Mrs are so adorable I can hardly stand it!! I can not wait to see the kids =D
Those earrings are so cute too, yay for DIY!!

Joan

hi sorry to read that you didn't get anyone entering your giveaway. It was a good idea but as i am new to blogging i didn't know how to send you a new banner ???
I love your pumpkin family
good luck if you have another giveaway

Post a Comment