I'm so stuffed right now from dinner. I thought I would share the recipe with you!
I've never been much of a cook, to be honest. When I moved in with Seth I really started cooking. I felt it was kind of my duty. haha. The more I cooked, the more I enjoyed it! I've really been making some wonderful things. I've learned that the crock-pot is my friend and that I can buy a huge thing of chicken and have it every night of the week and none of it would taste the same. There's just wonderful things about chicken!
So, here's one of my specialties. It's SUPER easy, and Seth and I LOVE it. Extra bonus is that it really makes great leftovers too! I got this recipe a few years ago, but didn't start making it a lot until recently. It's also very much approved by my friend Jackie!
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
You will need:
About 2 cups of boneless skinless chicken breasts (I buy really big chicken breasts, so I usually just use 2, but use more if they're smaller.)
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. container of sour cream
3/4 cup chicken flavor stuffing
2 Tbs. poppy seeds
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup crushed Ritz crackers (I usually just use 1 sleeve of Ritz and then crush those)
1/2 stick of butter-melted
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and cook. I find that I can cut them up nicely and then stick them in a pot of water with a few bouillon cubes. I cook this for just a little bit, until they're no longer pink in the middle. If you cut them into bite sized pieces before cooking them, it definitely cooks quicker! I've also used just chicken broth to cook it in as well.
3. Mix together soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, garlic powder and pepper.
4. Mix in stuffing.
5. Add chicken. I used to cool off the chicken first, but it's going right into the oven, so you shouldn't have to do that.
6. Pour entire mixture into casserole dish. There's no need to spray the pan.
7. Sprinkle crushed crackers and then pour the melted butter.
8. Cover with foil and cook at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
9. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
I would LOVE to know if anyone tries this recipe! It's definitely a favorite in my household.
How do you like the idea of me posting recipes? I have some other fun ones, would you guys like me to post some more? Let me know!