CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stromboli!

I will go ahead and admit it. Stromboli might be one of my all time favorite foods.
I got a great response on my recipe last time around, and when I thought of what I was making for dinner, I decided to start snapping pictures and blog away!
Extra bonus, this is a REALLY simple meal. I serve it with just a side of spaghetti sauce.

FACT: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A STROMBOLI AND A CALZONE IS THAT A CALZONE HAS RICOTTA CHEESE!

So, here we go!!!
I'm going to give a basic list of ingredients, and then I'll tell you what I used.

Pizza crust-I just use the Pillsbury

Veggies
Meat
Cheese
Italian seasoning
Egg wash

Now, here's the fun thing about stromboli. Basically, you can put ANYTHING you want in here! These are only my suggestions, and I mix it up every time I make this. Feel free to have fun with it!

VEGGIES!

For my veggies, I used green peppers, onions, black olives and LOTS of garlic. You can never really have enough garlic, right?

MEAT!

I used pastrami, salami, ham and pepperoni.

CHEESE!

If you don't have Tillamook cheese where you live, then I truly feel sorry for you. It's amazing.
I used an Italian blend cheese and some parmesan. I have used just shredded mozzarella before, and that's amazing as well!

Ok, time to get to the basics!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray a baking sheet and spread out your dough. Stretch it pretty far to the edges, this will all have to be used to wrap everything up.
Start layering all of your meat, cheese and veggies in the middle. You don't want it to spread too far to the edge.

Sprinkle with your italian seasoning.
Start wrapping it up! You just need to put all of the edges to the middle to wrap it neatly. Pinch the ends together so that stuff doesn't fall out!

Brush the top with egg wash. This will just make it nice and brown when you bake it. Sprinkle with some more italian seasoning.

Now it's ready for the oven!!!
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.


Like I said, I like having it with some spaghetti sauce to dip it in!

I hope you guys try this. I think I'll come back later to share some crafts!

5 comments:

Jamie

Ooo that looks so easy and delish...I'm adding it my list of "must make recipes".

Atteneri (Halloween Town)

OMG, I just arrived at home and I'm so hungry!! I have to do this recipe :)

LC

This looks awesome, I'm pretty sure I'm buying pizza dough next time I'm at the store! Thanks for sharing!

Risa

Thank you for a brilliant new recipe idea! I'm trying it this weekend!

Audrey

Oh my gosh, this looks delicious! I think I'm gonna have to give this a go on Monday....

Post a Comment