CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Spooky Pooky

So, for anyone here that is new, or rarely reads my blog, I would like to introduce you to someone! Ladies and Gentlemen, the amazingly talented and super-awesome girl, Spooky Pooky.



So, in case you didn't know, I'm going to give you a little background on this amazing girl.
A little over a year ago, I was one of the special chosen ones that was messaged on Craftster to do my very first personal swap. I must admit, I had never swapped before, however, this wasn't just any swap. Craftster has a few, let's call them, elite, people. Spooky Pooky was DEFINITELY one of them. I will honestly say that I was honored for her to even ask me!
And so, I set off to make my very first personal swap package. She asked me for a large yeti and a Nessie. I decided to make the very first mini yeti for her. That's right, she has the first ever Mad Crafter mini yeti! And I also made her a bigfoot.

After this, we started messaging a lot more. We started swapping more stuff, giving each other ideas. That's when the fun really started! We really got to know each other on a personal level. I am proud to say that my stuff was even at her wedding! We became Facebook friends shortly after, and the rest, is pretty much history. I can honestly say that even though we have yet to meet (we totally will very soon!), she is my BFF. We talk about EVERYTHING, and whenever we don't talk for a few days, we both reconnect and share everything and promise that it will never happen again. LOL! I believe it's an amazing friendship that all started over nerdy crafting!

Well, the amazing Alexz had a birthday yesterday. I KNEW that I had to do something great. She told me some things that she wanted me to make her, but I just felt like I had to do something more...something....EPIC.

So, I narrowed it down to 3 ideas: Alice, The Mad Hatter and Jack Sparrow. After talking to another one of our friends (I love my Craftster friends!) it was decided that I would make Alice. But, about halfway through making the head, an idea came to me and I KNEW what I had to do!
This was something that I knew would be epic simply because of how personal it is. Alexz created her logo the same time she created mine. She has such a love for Alice in Wonderland, that she made her logo into it. I also know, crafting is this girls life. Her love and passion for these things, is why I had to make her. I had to make her very own mini me. :)
And so, I present, Alexz in Wonderland.




Alexz, I had so much fun creating this for you! I hope you had an absolutely amazing birthday, and I just wish I could have been there!
Happy 25th Birthday Spooky Pooky!!

2 comments:

Alexz

This made me cry!!! No joke! Thank you so much!! Aww!! Your my bestest friend and we MUST schedule a meet-up NOW! <3 <3 <3!

Charley Button

I always have massive respect for anyone who knits or crochets. I just can't seem to get the hang of it!

Post a Comment