CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

A Zombie Ate My Cupcake?!

Anyone that knows me AT ALL, knows my deep, and very profound love for cupcakes. They should also know my intense love for zombies. So, of COURSE I"m going to LOOOOOOVE a book called, "A Zombie Ate My Cupcake!"



For anyone that loves cupcakes and Halloween, RUN right now to get this book. There are amazing recipes, tips and decorating ideas in it!
I got the book yesterday in the mail, just in time for Halloween! I opened it while my husband was home on his lunch break, and he got excited, because today is a potluck lunch at his work! He suggested I play around with it and make some REALLY FUN cupcakes.
Ok, so I didn't do everything in the book, but it's ok because we had SO MUCH FUN! Although there are what appear to be some AMAZING recipes in there (pecan, nutmeg and cinnamon cupcakes?! YES PLEASE!) I decided to go for the boring, yet still delicious, Funfetti cupcakes. I got the Halloween ones, of course! So, we set off to play around with decorating ideas!
There is one recipe for a cupcake that looks like a human heart. Seriously, it looks like a real human heart in the book. I don't know that anyone would eat that! But, husband really wanted to make it. So, we picked up a small package of fondant while we were at the store. I've never played with fondant before, but we had a BLAST! We had many failed ideas, including the human heart, but we were able to use the fondant anyways by making little bugs to put on each cupcake. :)



Aren't they cute?! They were really easy to make, and really fun. I also used some Martha Stewart brand cupcake cups that have blood on them. Totally cute for a Halloween luncheon, right?!

That's all for now, but I have a feeling that I'll be back later. Rumor has it, I should have a huge, fantastic package coming to me today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment