CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Craft Closet

While Seth was gone last week, and with Seth's parents coming to visit this week, I kept myself very busy.

I had a small list of things that I really wanted to get done, and spent pretty much all day cleaning and re-organizing stuff around the apartment. The first 2 nights he was gone I spent ALL NIGHT re-winding all of my yarn.
This was my life saver in doing that. Honestly, this is the only yarn winder that I've ever used, but I love it. It's all electric, doesn't take batteries, and you don't have to crank it. Because really, if I had to crank it, it would have taken me FOREVER!
You can buy it here on Amazon. I would also recommend checking your local craft store. I got mine at a Joann's, and I had a 50% off coupon that made it CHEAP!



Near the top of my list of things to do while Seth was gone, was to clean out and organize my craft closet. I did A LOT of it. Like I said, the first 2 nights were used just winding yarn. I spent the next day organizing it all into my closet. This brought me to a very sad realization: I have too much yarn.
Most of this yarn is stacked 2 deep, so what you see in the picture, there's about twice that. I have now made a solemn vow to not buy anymore yarn unless I REALLY need it for a commission piece or something. Otherwise, no more yarn for me at the moment!



I did organize it pretty well, though. The top shelf is all of my nice yarns, used for wearables like hats and cowls and such. The next 2 shelves are all for my ami's, which are much rougher yarns, in a WIDE VARIETY of colors! haha! The shelf under that is all of my bulky yarns, which can be used for both wearables and medium/large ami's.
After doing my yarn closet, I didn't even want to think about my other craft closet, full of books and fabric and doo-dads. So, with about a day left until Seth was to return home, I finally tacked the closet. It took a while, and involved A LOT of destashing, but it's finally done!



And now, I feel quite accomplished. :)
Today, I'm returning to cleaning up some things because Seth's parents will arrive in town tomorrow morning. I also have a HUGE commission piece that I'm working on. Literally, HUUUUUGE! I can't wait to finish it, though, and I really can't wait to share it with everyone! It's going to be epic, and I"m hoping I can make more.
I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!
This year, I'm thankful for my family, who I've been thinking about a lot lately. I'm thankful for my amazing husband, and for all the rest of my amazing family that I'll see in just a couple of weeks down in Florida. I'm also thankful for my handful of wonderful people that I can happily call friends.
What are you thankful for?

Oh, and P.S.!
I found this SUPER AWESOME shop on Etsy, and found their blog. They're doing a giveaway on their blog! And check out their store, too, because it's really all awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment