CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I won an award!

I follow this pretty awesome blog called Crafty Awesomeness. She passed this along to me, and so, I will now pass it along to other blogs! Enjoy!



RULES:
To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.

So, here's a few things about myself!!

1. I moved to Montana almost 2 years ago from Florida. My husband (fiance then) was in the Domestic Peace Corps known as Americorps. He volunteered for a non-profit organization that helps people with their credit and buying a house. We had a long distance relationship for 6 months before I decided to move here. I told him that I would refuse unless there was a ring on my finger, but I missed him way too much, so I decided to move here starting January 1st. That Christmas, we got engaged. I've completely fallen in love with this state and all of it's beauty. I'm thankful everyday that I've had such an amazing opportunity.

2. My love for crocheting started after I moved here. My mom sent me a care package with a "Learn to Crochet!" kit, with a note somewhere along the lines of "I know there's not much to do in Montana, so this will keep you occupied and WARM!" I've never put a hook down since. And to be honest, I couldn't imagine not crocheting. lol

3. I have a good amount of tattoos, but my first one is my favorite. It's dice on my ankle. My sister and I got them together. I should clarify by saying that my maiden name is Dice. There's a 2 on one of them, symbolizing me and my sister, and a 4 on the other one, symbolizing our immediate family. It was sad to change my name when I got married, but I will forever have that as a symbol, as will my sister.

4. My favorite movie of ALL TIME is The Wizard of Oz. I could watch that every day and never get tired of it.

5. I am probably one of the clumsiest people ever. I come by it very naturally, because my parents are both extremely clumsy as well. The one accident I had that I'll probably never forget was 2 days before we left for Vegas to get married. We ordered our wedding rings to be custom made to match my engagement ring. The only buyer I could find lived in Canada, and since our wedding was very quickly planned, we didn't plan much time for the rings to come in the mail. They showed up 2 days before we left, and when I got the mail and saw them, I started to run upstairs to open them up and see them because I was so excited. On my way UPSTAIRS, I tripped and sprained my ankle. Bad. I wore flipflops for most of my wedding because my ankle was so swollen and covered in a bandage.

6. Starting when I was about 14 or 15, my sister and I would brave Black Friday shopping. My most memorable time was a few years ago when me, my sister and my good friend left at midnight on Thanksgiving, and shopped for about 18 hours. We were running on nothing but Starbucks and we were all beyond delirious by the time we came home. It was by far the best Black Friday shopping that I've ever had though!

7. In general, I'm a fairly shy person in public. The one thing that I don't really tell people is my crafting, and I'm not even sure why. I get embarrassed really easily when my crocheting is mentioned in conversation with people that don't know about my crafting obsession. I love sites like Blogger, Craftster, Ravelry and Etsy because I feel like I'm more comfortable being around people with my same interests. :)

And now, who I'm passing this onto!
1. April Draven
2. ionlylikemonsters
3. Spooky Pooky Creations
4. The Perfect Pear
5. Oops, I Craft My Pants
6. Day Zero
7. Fiber Doodles

Thanks so much!!

2 comments:

Lauren Leggatt

Awww thanks so much Amy, I'll be sure to do this after my Bloggers Bash! :)
yeay thanks so much
xoxo
L
p.s. I like your backgroung

Jamie

aww my sister and i have matching shamrock tattoos on our ankles!

Post a Comment