CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thrift Shopping excursion and a couple projects.

So, I've been doing a lot on my swap package. Because of this, I can't post anything. Booooo!!!! But, I should be sending that off this week, so then I can start posting pictures shortly afterward.

So, today Seth worked some overtime. Afterwards, just to stay out and enjoy this GORGEOUS weather, we decided to hit some thrift stores. At the first one, we had no luck and left empty handed. Next stop was our Goodwill. My first find there was a cooler.


We recently broke our cooler, which was huge. This is a small one, perfect to bring some beer to a BBQ over the summer!



I found both of these glasses as well. The Star Wars one is from Burger King and is from 1983. The Care Bears one is from Pizza Hut, also 1983. They're not pint glasses, like we normally buy, but they were too good to pass up. Just as I found these, Seth walked up to me with these books. Perfect pair. :)



And then we found this DVD, which would just be IMPOSSIBLE to pass up!

Wow, this is going to be a long post today. lol.
Next section I hit was the craft section, where I found a half full bag of the weighted stuffing beads I use for my creatures!

And then, was when we found this. This, is our AWESOME find of the day. Now, just to explain, we live in an apartment. We're not quite sure what we will be doing with this. I'm thinking perhaps on top of our kitchen cabinets. I don't know, but either way, I had to have it. For $6, who doesn't need a CORN MAILBOX?!



The next thrift store wasn't all that wonderful. We got a spoon rest from Wheat Montana, which I've been needing for a while. All in all, it was a wonderful thrift day!
And then, I got this in the mail today. This was reviewed in last months Crochet Today magazine, and after watching the video, I ordered one. I'm really excited to use it, and I'll let everyone know how it works later on. It's for stuffing all of my creatures and getting into all the nooks and crannies!


And, my newest projects. I made a skinny scarf from some of the amazing yarn that Jackie sent me. It was fully intended to be a shawl when I started it out, but it was SUPER long, so now it's a skinny scarf. It's either going to be a Christmas present or maybe into the store.

I liked the stitch so much, that I decided to use the same pattern with my alpaca yarn. It's a really chunky shawl. I LOOOOVE how this turned out. I don't know that I'll be able to part with this one. It's so soft too!





And now, here is the rest of my day. Seth has found that he can play Commander Keen on the computer, and he's been addicted since last night. lol. I'm ok with it though, because it will allow me to finish up my swap package and start packaging everything up!

1 comments:

that1girl

lol corn mailbox, love the skinny scarf

Post a Comment