CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

Picture Heavy.

I feel like I've been crocheting non-stop lately. It's been fun, but I'm glad that I'm finally onto a project where I don't have to think as much.
First, is what I made for our friends son for his birthday. It's Mario. He took me, what seems like, forever. The reason for that is all the little pieces. I told my husband that when I make my patterns, I make them in very few pieces for a reason. I hate sewing all that stuff together! But, I like how he turned out. I think he's pretty fun. I found the free pattern online, and I changed his eyes. He's going to a 1 year old, so I didn't want to glue felt on. I figured crocheting them would be fine.




And this is a shawl. I made it for my friend, Jackie. The yarn, which I thought was mohair at first, is not. It's just fake mohair. However, it's still extremely soft, and super warm. It can be worn quite a few ways too, as you can see in my awkward photos. lol. Making stuff like this isn't my specialty. I like to think that all my creatures that I make are really where my strong point is. However, sometimes it's nice to just relax and do something a little less detail oriented.




And now, to my latest project. For some reason, it took me forever to get this pattern down, and I even messed up a little bit on the end, but you'd never know. :) Anyways, this is going to be a big shawl, eventually, also for Jackie. I really like how it's turning out, and it's something very different for me right now.

And today, I'll be lucky if I crochet at all. After running errands this morning, today is my cleaning day. I've been putting it off for too long. Looks like picking up and vacuuming is in my near future. After that, it's off to cook and bake for my girl's night tomorrow night. Someone come help me! This is too much work for 1 girl! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment